Offering a Wide Array of Solutions to Meet Your Needs
Elanco® is dedicated to providing a full set of solutions your calves may need with a broad portfolio of products, educational resources and services. Designed to help meet the needs of your operation, Elanco’s product portfolio can help benefit your calves with the proper feeding and health solutions.
Product Solutions to Meet Your Needs
- Rumensin® — Prevents and controls coccidiosis, which helps calves avoid “stallout,” or temporarily slowing their growth rate, and also helps calves gain weight faster without altering feed intake
- Component® with Tylan® implants — This line of implants delivers localized antibacterial protection that helps improve the health and overall performance of the implant site by minimizing abscesses and ruptures,1 and ultimately ensuring maximum return on investment2
- Titanium® — A line of nine modified-live vaccines that are easy on cattle† and provide proven protection against respiratory and reproductive viruses.3,4 Titanium 5 + PH-M delivers effective immune response against the bacteria (Mannheimia haemolytica and Pasteurella multocida) and viruses (BVD types 1 and 2, IBR, PI3 and BRSV) most associated with bovine respiratory disease (BRD) in a single vaccine for cattle as young as 2 months of age5-8
- NUPLURA® PH — The first-ever pneumonia vaccine developed for cattle in the U.S. market using recombinant technology, leading to the purest antigen form available
- Micotil® (tilmicosin injection) — A proven, long-lasting BRD treatment for both metaphylaxis and pull-and-treat therapy; ultimately, reduces deads and pulls in your operation9 while delivering best-in-class value10
- Pulmotil® (tilmicosin) — An innovative, in-feed BRD treatment that provides 14 days of sustained therapy for groups of cattle in the early stages of a BRD outbreak
- Other health management needs — Elanco also offers several other health management solutions, including Quick Shield®, Clostri Shield® 7, Pinkeye Shield® and Bovine Ecolizer®
Important Safety Information
For all products: The label contains complete use information, including cautions and warnings. Always read, understand and follow the label and use directions.
Implants are indicated for increased rate of weight gain; see product labels for full indication. Administer one dose in the ear subcutaneously according to label directions.
For Rumensin: Consumption by unapproved species or feeding undiluted may be toxic or fatal. Do not feed to veal calves.
Rumensin: Calves (excluding veal calves)
For the prevention and control of coccidiosis due to Eimeria bovis and Eimeria zuernii: Feed at a rate of 0.14 to 1.0 mg/lb of body weight/d, depending upon severity of challenge, up to a maximum of 200 mg/hd/d. The Type C medicated feed must contain 10 to 200 g/ton of monensin (90% DM basis).
For the control of bovine respiratory disease (BRD) associated with Mannheimia haemolytica, Pasteurella multocida and Histophilus somni in groups of beef and non-lactating dairy cattle, where active BRD has been diagnosed in at least 10% of the animals in the group: Feed continuously for a single, 14-day period at 568-757 g/ton on a 100% dry-matter basis of Type C medicated feed as the sole ration to provide 12.5 mg/kg of body weight/day.
Pulmotil Important Safety Information
- CAUTION: Federal law restricts medicated feed containing this veterinary feed directive (VFD) drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
- Cattle intended for human consumption must not be slaughtered within 28 days of the last treatment.
- To assure both food safety and responsible use, treatment must be initiated within the first 45 days of the production period. The treatment should not occur concurrent with or following administration of an injectable macrolide, or within 3 days following administration of a non-macrolide injectable BRD therapy.
- VFD expiration date must not exceed 45 days from the time of issuance. VFDs shall not be refilled.
- Use only in cattle fed in confinement for slaughter.
- Cattle with severe clinical illness should be evaluated for individual treatment with an alternative non-macrolide therapy.
- Do not use in female dairy cattle 20 months of age or older or in veal calves.
- Safety has not been established for cattle intended for breeding.
- Do not allow horses or other equines access to feeds containing tilmicosin.
Elanco supports the use of shared class antibiotics for therapeutic uses while under the oversight of a veterinarian. More details on Elanco’s Antibiotic, Welfare and Sustainability Policies can be found on www.elanco.com.
Micotil is indicated for the treatment of bovine respiratory disease (BRD) associated with Mannheimia haemolytica, Pasteurella multocida and Histophilus somni, and for the control of respiratory disease in cattle at high risk of developing BRD associated with Mannheimia haemolytica.
Micotil Important Safety Information
See label for complete use information. Before using this product, it is important to read the entire product insert, including the boxed human warning.
- CAUTION: Federal (USA) law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
- Not for human use. Injection of this drug in humans has been associated with fatalities. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use in automatically powered syringes. Exercise extreme caution to avoid accidental self-injection. In case of human injection, consult a physician immediately and apply ice or cold pack to injection site while avoiding direct contact with the skin. Avoid contact with eyes.
- Always use proper drug handling procedures to avoid accidental self-injection. Consult your veterinarian on the safe handling and use of all injectable products prior to administration.
- For use in cattle or sheep only. Inject subcutaneously. Injection of this antibiotic has been shown to be fatal in swine and non-human primates, and may be fatal in horses and goats.
- Do not use in lambs less than 15 kg body weight.
- Do not use in female dairy cattle 20 months of age or older. Use in lactating dairy cattle or sheep may cause milk residues.
- The following adverse reactions have been reported: in cattle: injection site swelling and inflammation, lameness, collapse, anaphylaxis/anaphylactoid reactions, decreased food and water consumption, and death; in sheep: dyspnea and death.
- Micotil has a pre-slaughter withdrawal time of 42 days.
The label contains complete use information, including cautions and warnings. Always read, understand and follow the label and use directions. Do not vaccinate within 21 days of slaughter.
- Precautions: Do not use Titanium BRSV 3, Titanium 3 LP, Titanium 3, Titanium IBR LP and Titanium IBR in pregnant cows or in calves nursing pregnant cows. Abortions may result.
NuPlura PH Precaution: Do not vaccinate within 60 days before slaughter
†As measured by body temperature, feed intake, injection-site reaction or white blood cell count.
1Elanco Animal Health. Data on file.
2Loughin, M. 2004. Data on file.
3Terhaar, B. 2000. “Effect of vaccination with Titanium 5 on milk production in dairy cattle.” Published by Agri Laboratories Ltd.
4Terhaar, B. 2001. “Evaluating the effects of vaccine-induced stress on productivity.” Published by Agri Laboratories Ltd.
5Elanco Animal Health. Data on file.
6Elanco Animal Health. Data on file.
7Elanco Animal Health. Data on file.
8Milliken, G. A. 2013. “Mannheimia haemolytica efficacy studies demonstrating the absence of excessive interference of Titanium products with the Mannheimia haemolytica-Pasteurella multocida bacterin-toxoid.”
9Elanco Animal Health. Data on file.
10Elanco Animal Health. Data on file.
Clostri Shield, Component, Bovine Ecolizer, Micotil, NUPLURA, Pinkeye Shield, Pulmotil, Quick Shield, Rumensin, Titanium, and Tylan are trademarks of Eli Lilly and Company or its affiliates.