Trust Comfortis when you want fleas dead and gone
#1 recommended prescription flea only medication.1
- Fast Speed of Kill
- Starts killing fleas in 30 minutes
- Killed 100% of fleas in four hours*
- Kills Fleas Before They Can Lay Eggs
- Excellent Flea Kill for a Full Month
Kill fleas before they lay eggs with a 90-day treatment plan using Comfortis and routinely thereafter to prevent reinfestation.
*In a controlled laboratory study in dogs
Proven protection against the threat of fleas Comfortis offers proven protection that lasts:
- The first monthly oral flea control for dogs and cats
- In a controlled laboratory study, the active ingredient in Comfortis (spinosad) killed 100% of fleas in 4 hours in dogs
- Proven to improve signs of flea allergy dermatitis (FAD) through its rapid action on fleas
- Long-lasting 30-day protection, even if your pet swims, bathes or grooms frequently
- Convenient flavored tablet avoids mess. No need to isolate your dog from children or other pets after treatment
- Approved for use in both dogs and cats, making Comfortis ideal for multi-pet homes
Good for your dog — better for the environment [Image] [Green Chemistry Logo – TK]
The introduction of spinosad for use in agriculture resulted in the receipt of a Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award in 1999 from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.2 The award was presented to Dow AgroSciences LLC in the category of “Designing Safer Chemicals” for the introduction of spinosad as an insect control product for use on crops. This award demonstrates that spinosad as a technology for insect control has a favorable environmental profile. This award is not relevant to the safety and efficacy of Comfortis, nor does it confer any environmental benefit to Comfortis.
Fleas: worse than you think Even the most conscientious dog owner can be faced with a flea infestation. Your dog could be exposed in your home or backyard, on walks, or at the groomer or boarding kennel. A few fleas can turn into a major infestation if not treated quickly. Female fleas can lay 40 to 50 eggs a day.3 But it gets worse:4
- Fleas may cause extreme discomfort for your dog: scratching, chewing, biting, fur loss and restlessness.
- Severe infestations may cause anemia, particularly in young or older pets.
- Fleas are the source of flea allergy dermatitis (FAD), a common veterinary skin condition.
- Tapeworm infections may be transmitted by fleas.
To learn more about Comfortis, talk to your veterinarian or visit us online. [link to www.comfortis.com] Insert Spinosad Whiteboard Video