Micotil — Put the benefits of the flex dose to work in your operation
A proven cattle Bovine Respiratory Disease (BRD) treatment with a flexible dose range that allows you to manage risk and truckload weight variation more effectively
Micotil is a proven, long-lasting BRD treatment that offers a flexible, cost-effective dose range for both metaphylaxis and individual pull-and-treat therapy. Its flexible dose range (1.5 mL/cwt to 3.0 mL/cwt) allows stocker and feedlot producers to more effectively manage animal weight and risk variation within a truckload of incoming cattle.1
- Micotil is an antibiotic approved for metaphylaxis that offers a flexible dose range
- The flexible dose range helps ensure heavier cattle receive the most appropriate dose1
- Micotil's flex dose allows you to better manage on-arrival animal weight and risk variation2
- Micotil's flex dose also delivers cost-effective pull-and-treat therapy in the hospital pen3
Commitment to Safety
Over the last two decades, Elanco has invested significant resources to ensure Micotil’s safe usage, including materials and training for distributors, veterinarians and producers. Among safety elements offered at no charge:
- The Simcro® Sekurus® safety syringe, which has patented technology with self-tenting and needle-guard features. The syringe reduces the chance of accidental self-injection and withstands the most challenging environments at feedyards and stocker operations. To date, more than 30,000 have been distributed.
- Extensive safety training is offered to more than 1,750 veterinarians and beef producers each year, including how to respond in case of accidental exposure to the product.
- Packaging to further enhance the safety profile, including an outer case that locks the bottle inside.
Also, Elanco has voluntarily discontinued Micotil 300 Injection 100mL bottle in the U.S. due to a review of data that suggests customers utilizing this presentation have a higher incident rate of accidental human exposures.
For more information on Micotil safety, please visit our Safe Handling and Use page.
Micotil is indicated for the treatment of bovine respiratory disease (BRD) associated with Mannheimia haemolytica, Pasteurella multocida and Histophilus somni, and for the control of respiratory disease in cattle at high risk of developing BRD associated with Mannheimia haemolytica.