Do you have both viruses & bacteria covered?
Viruses and bacteria—a powerful one-two punch on the immune system
Titanium 5 + PH-M delivers effective immune response against the bacteria (Mannheimia haemolytica and Pasteurella multocida) and viruses (BVD types 1 and 2, IBR, PI3 and BRSV) most associated with bovine respiratory disease (BRD) in a single vaccine for cattle as young as 2 months of age.1,2,3,4 While respiratory viruses can cause bovine respiratory disease (BRD) on their own, they also can compromise the immune system that normally protects cattle against bacteria, allowing bacteria to attack their host and cause severe cases of BRD.
- When cattle are exposed to respiratory viruses—such as bovine viral diarrhea (BVD), parainfluenza3 (PI3), infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) and bovine respiratory syncytial virus (BRSV)—their immune system can be weakened
- Once the immune system is compromised, bacteria, including Mannheimia haemolytica and Pasteurella multocida, can more easily go deeper into the respiratory tract where they cause disease
- When bacterial pathogens reach the lungs, they are a major cause of severe BRD, causing increased morbidity, mortality, and labor and treatment costs
Helping your cattle overcome the one-two punch of bacteria and viruses requires a vaccine solution that provides an effective immune response against the bacteria (Mannheimia haemolytica and Pasteurella multocida) and viruses (BVD types 1 and 2, IBR, PI3 and BRSV) most associated with BRD.
Titanium 5 + PH-M—the convenience and flexibility of a single vaccine that protects against bacteria and BRD-causing viruses
Titanium 5 + PH-M delivers effective immune response against the viruses (BVD types 1 and 2, IBR, PI3 and BRSV) and bacteria (Mannheimia haemolytica and Pasteurella multocida) most associated with bovine respiratory disease (BRD) in a single vaccine for cattle as young as 2 months of age.1,2,3,4
Protects against the two bacteria most associated with BRD:
- Mannheimia haemolytica— the bacterium most frequently isolated from lungs of cattle with BRD
- Pasteurella multocida—an important cause of bacterial pneumonia
And five important virus strains:
- BVD, types 1 and 2
Approved for use in cattle 2 months of age and older, Titanium 5 + PH-M is flexible enough to be incorporated into virtually any vaccine protocol. Producers should work with their veterinarian to determine the best way to incorporate Titanium 5 + PH-M. As a general guide, it fits well into branding and/or preconditioning vaccine protocols, as well as in arrival programs for stocker and feedyard operations.
Titanium 5 + PH-M is available in 10-dose and 50-dose packages through veterinarians and animal-health distributors. Review the product label for more information, and contact your Elanco sales representative or technical consultant.
Important Safety Information
For all vaccine products: The label contains complete use information, including cautions and warnings. Always read, understand and follow the label and use directions. Do not vaccinate within 21 days of slaughter.
Precautions: Do not use Titanium BRSV 3, Titanium 3 LP, Titanium 3, Titanium IBR LP and Titanium IBR in pregnant cows or in calves nursing pregnant cows. Abortions may result.