Fast-acting, effective flea control for your cat
Two’s company—and fleas a crowd! Cheristin for cats is a once-a-month topical solution for the prevention and treatment of flea infestations.
One dose, one size, one solution
Cheristin® for cats is hard on fleas:
- Starts working in just 30 minutes and kills 100% of fleas in 12 hours in a controlled laboratory study1
- Provides ¬ ≥99% flea control for a full month2
- One low-volume dose for all cats
- For cats and kittens 8 weeks of age or older and 1.8 lbs of body weight or greater
The active ingredient in Cheristin is spinetoram, registered in 2007 for use on a variety of fruits and tree nuts. The introduction of spinetoram for use in agriculture resulted in the receipt of a Presidential Green Chemistry Award in 2008. The award was presented to Dow AgroSciences LLC. In the context of agricultural use, spinetoram has a lower environmental impact than do many current insecticides because both its use rate and toxicity to non-target species is low.3
Facts about fleas
Fleas can pose a serious health problem for your cat:
- Fleas can cause severe discomfort, including scratching, chewing, biting and restlessness.
- Fleas are the source of flea allergy dermatitis (FAD), the most common veterinary dermatological condition4
- Severe flea infestations can cause anemia, especially in kittens or debilitated adult cats.
- Ingested fleas may transmit tapeworm infection.
For the optimal flea control results
- Monthly treatment should continue year-round
- Treat all animals in the household with an approved flea control product
- Vacuum where your cat sits and sleeps and launder bedding
To learn more about Cheristin for cats, talk to your veterinarian.