A trusted way to get back to healthy ears
What causes otitis externa in dogs?
Otitis externa is inflammation of the outer ear. Sometimes otitis externa in dogs is caused by allergies. Certain ear conformations, excess hair in the canals, excess moisture or a foreign body inside the ear can all influence how likely a dog is to get otitis externa. Ear mites, growing hair, trapped water or a foreign body inside the ear can all influence how likely a dog is to get otitis externa. Frequent bathing, swimming and incorrect cleaning methods can also contribute to the infection.
The signs to look for include:
- Foul-smelling ears
- Ear scratching and/or head shaking
- Discharge from the ear
- Crusted or scabby skin under the ear flap
- Swelling or redness around the ear
- Reluctance to have head touched
- It’s a cost effective solution
- It provides a distinct combination of active ingredients
- It is a proven product with 30+ years of clinical experience