Easy and effective fly control
If they don’t become flies, they won’t become a problem for poultry
Larvadex is a highly selective in-feed solution for fly control, proven to control the larvae of the housefly and other fly species in breeder and layer housing.
The poultry house is a complex ecological system where eggs hatch and larvae grow and develop into adult flies. The unavoidable presence of manure and the adaptability of flies mean that these insects will never be fully eliminated.
Only 15 to 20 percent of the fly population in poultry houses are adult flies — the other 80 percent is a silent army still in the larval stages.1 In fact, there can be more than 7,000 maggots in 1 kilogram of manure.1 What if you could help control the development of flies before they become a problem for your operation? Now you can–with Larvadex.
Larvadex: a novel mode of action
Larvadex is an in-feed insect growth regulator (IGR) for the control of dipterous (fly) larvae that is mixed with feed and fed normally. The larvicide is metabolized by the birds and left behind in their manure. Larvadex has a novel mode of action – it disrupts the molting process, which is essential for the fly life cycle. It interferes with the chitin metabolism of fly larvae at all 3 stages,2-4 stopping these larvae from developing and preventing the proliferation of the fly population. Additionally, Larvadex has no negative impact on beneficial insects when used according to the label.5
Benefits of Larvadex
- Approved to use with breeders and layers
- Three day withdrawal period
- As a result of fewer flies, birds are healthier and more productive (weight gains and egg quality)
- The easy, convenient application saves time & labor
- Minimal environmental risk when used according to the label