Products for healthy flocks and Full Value Poultry
Elanco offers a wide range of live and inactivated, commercially available poultry and autogenous biological vaccines. The commercial portfolio focuses on three areas: Salmonella, immunosuppression, and respiratory disease control. We produce vaccines designed to protect breeding stock and their offspring from infectious bronchitis, Newcastle disease, REO and infectious bursal disease (IBD).
Extensive experience and expertise have allowed us to supply the poultry industry with products to reduce or help prevent disease issues with an emphasis on helping customers find the best technical solutions for their individual problems. A few examples of of our portfolio offerings are as follows:
- AviPro® Megan® Vac 1 – A live vaccine that aids in the reduction of Salmonella Typhimurium, Salmonella Enteritidis and Salmonella Heidelberg colonization of the internal organs of young growing chickens and in the reduction of S. Enteritidis colonization of the crop, intestinal tract and ceca of pullet chickens.
- AviPro® Megan® Egg – A live vaccine recommended for chickens as an aid in the reduction of Salmonella Enteritidis colonization of the internal organs, including the ovaries and oviduct, and the intestinal tract and ceca; and for turkeys as an aid in the prevention of Salmonella Typhimurium colonization of the liver and spleen.
- AviPro® 329 ND-IB2-SE4 – An inactivated vaccine for chickens offering broad protection as an aid in the prevention of Newcastle disease and Infectious Bronchitis (Mass. and Ark. types) and as an aid in the reduction of Salmonella Enteritidis colonization of internal organs, including the reproductive tract.
- AviPro® 108 FC3 Platinum - A water-oil-water (WOW) emulsion recommended for the vaccination of chickens and turkeys against Fowl Cholera caused by Pasteurella multocida, Type 1 in chickens and Types 4 and 3x4 in turkeys.
- AviPro® MGF – A live vaccine for use as an aid in the prevention of clinical signs of Mycoplasma gallisepticum infection in chickens.
Overall, Elanco is committed to the continued expansion and development of our product line to meet the needs of the dynamic poultry industry worldwide. Talk to your local Elanco representative for more information on how we can help protect your poultry flocks.
Important Safety Information
The labels contain complete use information, including cautions and warnings. Always read, understand and follow the labels and directions for use.
Are there hidden opportunities in your operation? With meaningful analytics and practical production tools, Full Value Poultry™ provides a customer-focused approach that helps you find every little bit of value.
Vaccines, utilized to immunize poultry, consist of inactivated virus and/or bacteria in an oil emulsion carrier. This vaccine may be accidentally injected into the fingers if proper care is not taken while performing the injection. One would not expect the inactivated viruses or bacteria involved to be a problem by themselves as they do not cause disease in humans, and further there are no living organisms present.
The best treatment is prevention. These injuries occur more often in persons less experienced in the use of injection equipment. Proper instruction in their use and the serious nature of the injury should be stressed. Consult your veterinarian for safe handling and use training prior to administering injectable products.
If an accident does occur, it is recommended that the victim seek immediate medical attention. Do not delay treatment.
To make reports related to Elanco Products, including accidental self-injection of oil emulsion vaccines, call the Elanco phone line at 1.800.428.4441 or 1.888.545.5973.