A strategic and convenient medication for healthy flocks and Full Value Poultry™
Tylan Soluble is mixed into drinking water for broilers and turkeys. In broiler and replacement chickens, Tylan Soluble is indicated:
- For the control of mortality caused by necrotic enteritis (NE) associated with Clostridium perfringens in broiler chickens.
- As an aid in the treatment of chronic respiratory disease (CRD) associated with Mycoplasma gallisepticum in broiler and replacement chickens.
- For the control of CRD associated with Mycoplasma gallisepticum at the time of vaccination of other stress in chickens.
- For the control of CRD associated with Mycoplasma synoviae in broiler chickens.
In turkeys, Tylan Soluble is indicated for the reduction in severity of effects of infectious sinusitis associated with Mycoplasma gallisepticum.
Tylan Soluble provides a therapeutic tool to help control necrotic enteritis*, a prevalent and costly disease. Together, the clinical and subclinical forms of the disease cost the worldwide poultry industry an estimated $2 billion annually1 through increased mortality and reduced bird performance.
As a water-soluble product, Tylan Soluble provides easy and convenient mixing while eliminating the need to formulate new rations or wait for feed bins to empty.
Tylan Soluble also is a key component of Full Value Poultry™, an entire support system of products, services and consultation. It’s a system designed to improve production efficiency and profitability by focusing on core business principals in the areas of health, feed, output and access.
* Associated with Clostridium perfringens
Feeding directions and important safety information
See label for complete safety and use information.
- Chickens: NE indication: 851 to 1,419 mg/gallon (225 to 375 ppm) in drinking water for 5 days. CRD indications: 2,000 mg/gallon (528 ppm) in drinking water for 3-5 days depending upon severity of infection.
- Turkeys: 2,000 mg/gallon (528 ppm) in drinking water for 3-5 days depending upon severity of infection.
Always add the water to the powder. Prepare a fresh Tylan Soluble solution every three days.
Only medicated water should be available to the birds.
Important Safety Information
CAUTION: Federal (USA) law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
• To assure both food safety and responsible antimicrobial drug use in chickens
1) Use in flocks exhibiting signs of a necrotic enteritis outbreak
2) Administer the full dose and dosing regimen once medication is initiated
3) Use of Tylan Soluble or another macrolide is not advised if additional therapy is needed beyond the original course of medication
• Keep Out of Reach of Children. Avoid contact with human skin. When mixing and handling tylosin, use protective clothing and impervious gloves.
• Chickens must not be slaughtered for food within 24 hours
• Do not use in layers producing eggs for human consumption.
• Turkeys must not be slaughtered for food within five days after treatment.
• See label for complete safety and use information.
1. McReynolds, J., Byrd, J., Anderson R. et al. 2004. “Evaluation of Immunosuppressants and Dietary Mechanisms in an Experimental Disease Model for Necrotic Enteritis.” Poultry Sci. 83: 1948-1952.