Protect Your Piglets
PRRS - A COSTLY DISEASE
Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS) is a costly disease that affects many stages of swine production. From reproductive failure in pregnant sows to respiratory disease in piglets, PRRS strikes swine operations right where it hurts most.
$1 BILLION estimated annual cost1 to the swine industry
$664 MILLION estimated production-related losses1
$478 MILLION estimated veterinary costs1
Prevacent PRRS - A Contemporary Solution for PRRS Today
Prevacent PRRS is a modified-live virus vaccine for the respiratory form of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS) that is safe for use in piglets 2 weeks of age or older. With up to 26 weeks of demonstrated duration of immunity in pigs, Prevacent PRRS is the only Lineage 1 vaccine available on the market today.
CONTEMPORARY Lineage 1 vaccine
- Prevacent PRRS is more homologous to Lineage 1 field strains MN184 and NC174 than any other modified-live PRRS vaccine on the market
EFFECTIVE Against PRRS
- Prevacent PRRS demonstrated protection against NADC20 and NC174 strains, resulting in a 93.2% reduction in lung lesions2,3
SAFE For your operation
- Prevacent PRRS did not revert to virulence and exhibited limited transmission
CONTEMPORARY Lineage 1 vaccine
- PRRS strains are classified into one of nine lineages based on their ORF-5 sequences. Over the years, these strains change and adapt, with the majority belonging to Lineage 14
- Vaccine strains related to Lineages 5 and 8 were most prevalent during the 1980s and 1990s. However, since the mid-2000s, Lineage 1 PRRS strains have emerged as the most prevalent4
- According to a presentation at the Allen D. Leman Swine Conference in September 2018, the majority of PRRS strains circulating in the U.S. are Lineage 15
EFFECTIVE against PRRS
Two challenge studies6,7 were performed to evaluate the efficacy of Prevacent PRRS against two PRRSv field strains. On average, pigs vaccinated with Prevacent PRRS had a 93.2% reduction in lung lesions (Chart 1) and a 286.4% increase in average daily gain (ADG).
PREVACENT® PRRS: SAFE AND CONTEMPORARY PROTECTION
- PRRS increases mortality and reduces growth performance of wean-to-finish pigs.11 Prevacent PRRS has proven effective against the respiratory form of PRRS in healthy pigs at least 2 weeks of
- Prevacent is a smooth vaccine that does not cause a reduction in growth performance as a result of vaccination, ensuring a strong start for just-weaned piglets. 2,3,8,9
- With at least 26-weeks of demonstrated duration of immunity, a single 1 mL Prevacent dose is a safe and effective solution to get Full Value from the start.9,10
- Prevacent is more homologous to Lineage 1 (the majority of field strains circulating today) field strains MN184 and NC174 than any other modified-live PRRS vaccine on the market.
A THREE-SITE STUDY WITH APPROXIMATELY 300 PIGS PER SITE WAS PERFORMED TO DETERMINE THE FIELD SAFETY OF PREVACENT PRRS.9
- No injection site reactions noted
- Similar levels of adverse events as controls for each site
- No vaccine-related adverse reactions noted
The label contains complete use information, including cautions and warnings. Always read, understand and follow the label and use directions.